MOPH Reports 483 New COVID-19 Cases, 299 Recoveries, 157,876 Total Recoveries
Doha, March 13 (QNA) - The Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) reported Saturday 483 new confirmed cases of coronavirus (COVID-19) during the last 24 hours, of which 412 were from community cases and 71 from travelers returning from abroad who are subject to quarantine.
The MOPH also recorded 299 recoveries from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 157,876.
The MOPH issued a statement on COVID-19 developments in Qatar, which said the following:
New Cases and Recoveries:
- 483 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 were announced today. 412 of these are from community cases and 71 from travelers returning from abroad.
- 299 people have recovered from the virus during the past 24 hours, bringing the total number of cases recovered in Qatar to 157,876.
- All new cases have been introduced to isolation and are receiving necessary healthcare according to their health status.
Current COVID-19 status:
- Due to the measures put in place by Qatar's government and the support of the public in following preventive steps, Qatar succeeded in suppressing the spread of the virus since its peak in July.
- However, over the past month in Qatar we have seen a gradual and consistent increase in the number of new daily infections.
- Additionally, and of great concern, is the recent increase in both the number of people admitted to hospital with COVID-19 and the number of people admitted to ICU with COVID-19.
- The data over the next few days and week will tell us more, but these increases appear to be the early signs of a potential second wave in Qatar.
- For this reason, it is more important than ever that people adhere to preventive measures to cut off second wave before it gains momentum.
- If numbers of positive cases and hospital admissions continue to increase over the coming week or two, additional restrictions may need to be implemented across the country and we will return to some of the early restriction phases.
What You Can Do:
With the recent increase in the number of COVID-19 cases in Qatar, it is important for everyone to play their role in controlling the virus by following precautionary measures:
- Adherence to physical distancing.
- Avoid close contact with others, crowded places and confined closed spaces where other people congregate.
- Wearing a face mask.
- Washing hands regularly.
- Anyone suffering from COVID-19 symptoms should contact 16000 helpline immediately. This is important as the earlier the disease is detected the easier it will be to receive the right treatment and recover from it.
- Visit the MOPH website for regular updates and new information. (QNA)